I think I am still in shock and can hardly believe it but we got a call yesterday telling us that we not only have a court date, but that we have already passed court and our documents have all been in Nairobi for 2 weeks already! I can hardly believe it! We are so excited, relieved, you name it!
We had gotten to the point where we had almost completely lost hope of travelling before the end of the year. I am very happy to say that we are know hoping to be able to travel in the next 4 weeks. YAHOO!
I was getting to the point that I thought this was never going to happen and as you can tell from the blog I was pulling away from the adoption as a form of coping. NOW, we are in full gear and the serious nesting will begin!
We have some things that I don't think will be ready for when they get home, but as long as we are ready to love them (which we have been for far too long now) that is all they will need to start with.
**Interesting note: For those who have been following our journey/blog you may recall my dreams prior to the referral. In my dreams the kids where 7 and 15 months. Little A will be 15 months in November! How coincidental is that?!?!? Totally meant to be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
This is perfect news for the wkd!!! I was so hoping you'd pass court soon and wow!!!! I would love to meet up with you in Ethiopia and meet your children (of which I already know your daughter is beautiful!). And that's beyond neat how your dream is coming real!
Any good packing lists to share with me??
Ramona
Eeeek!!! I'm just popping in everywhere to say congrats!!! We are so happy for you! FINALLY! And your dream just gives me goosebumps every time I think about it! :)
Lisa
AAaah! Another stealth court date! :) That is awesome... so happy for you guys!
Ramona, I have a couple lists that I have accumulated along the way....I will pass them onto you! Let me know if you have any as well! And I think I am in panic can't believe it's true mode still!
Donna
YAY!!!! So happy for you guys :) I hope you and Hazel and Ramona can all travel together, that would be so great!
Awesome news!! Get packing!!
Post a Comment